Tuesday

Seascapes in acrylics

My painting "Morning glow" ( 33 x 97 cm) in the cockpit of my boat
Being surrounded by seawater for several months a year I feel inspired by it every day. I felt an irresistible urge to describe the ever changing colours, the random patterns of shapes in the ripples and the sparkling light and deep shadows in the waves. Also the way the sea sometimes disappears in haze in the distance, merging in a horizonless transition with the sky.
So I decided to work on some paintings with only the sea as subject matter. The sea would be the centre of attention in itself. No stones, rocks or seabirds, just water.

It's been done before, I know, by millions of artists throughout time, all over the world, there's nothing new under the sun.  Nevertheless I wanted to capture the scene at different times of the day and give each painting my own personal interpretation, rendering them in every detail.
"Misty sea" acrylics on canvas 45 x 69 cm

1 comment:

  1. We absolutely LOVE this one!! Oooooohhhhh I want to have it hanging in our living room!

    ReplyDelete