Tuesday

Step by step painting rocks

Painting "Rocks", acrylics on canvas 150 x 110 cm                                                         © Elizabeth Tyler 2013
Step by step, week after week I worked on this painting and now almost 2 months after I started, the finishing touches are added. At least I think these will be the finishing touches, the last brushstrokes, the final blobs and the umpteenth layer. I just have to leave it now for a while to let it rest and mature by itself.  I might contemplate picking up a brush again to do some small adjustments but right now I need to do something else. It's often necessary to turn your back to work that has demanded so much attention for so long. In a few days I'll be able to see the painting in a new light and decide if more has to be done.

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL, ELIZABETH!!! Those blues are so rich in hue.
    Thank you for posting your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your step by step approach - very helpful.

    ReplyDelete