Thursday

Coming soon: My new book "Colours of the Sea"


Mock up of the book cover
This is my latest book which I have been working on for two years. It started off as a coffee table book with a presentation of my works painted during the last 20 years.  However it gradually evolved into an illustrated, educational textbook with anecdotes about my source of inspiration by the sea and descriptions of my techniques, tools and colours.





























Last week I received these proof prints of 15 of the 235 photographs in the book. They were sent by the printers Bulls Graphics in Halmstad Sweden. I am very satisfied with the result so far as the colours are just about as near as you can get to the originals.
Needless to say, the work with the paintings, texts, photographs and layout has been enormous. During the last three months the layout program crashed, the hard drive crashed, my computer crashed and in the end I crashed myself,  in a daze of a horrible migraine for three days. But I hope all this effort was well worth doing.  Now I've reached the point of no return, the actual printing process has finally started and I can do nothing more than wait for the result. I will post more details when the book is released just before Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment