Thursday

Positive Feedback

 

I was so grateful to receive this positive feedback about my work in connection with an order of my book "Colours of the Sea". So I asked permission to share the mail here on my blog.

Well Elizabeth, what a wonderful surprise to hear from you! I imagined  I was writing to a member of an office team..... 

So now I can really tell you how transfixed I am by your work. Only last night, before I went to bed, I masked out some blackberry stems and some grasses ready for some experimental action today! I found your whole sailing story obviously sad but then so inspiring. Your attention to detail is a delight but the intrigue of all your different techniques is utterly fascinating. 

It is the strangest and most exciting  thing to be drawn instantly to a painting. That electric shot through your body and mind and a deep emotion for what you see in front of you. All I can do is thank you for creating those moments for me whenever I look at your work. I can look into your paintings time and again and always find  joy and happiness. The reflections of the natural world, which forms a big part of my daily life, are all so enhanced  for me by you. My eyes are opened to the beauty in a small pebble or a berry. .....

I hope the years ahead continue to give you pleasure in your  work and enjoyment  of sharing it with others.
With very best wishes
Sue Alexander





No comments:

Post a Comment